Thank you for being a part of our summer professional reading book club. For each chapter of In the Best Interest of Students: Staying True to What Works in the ELA Classroom , I will create a post.
- You may respond in the comments section.
- You may comment in any way that you wish.
- Consider your reactions, ideas from the book that would be particularly helpful at a particular grade level, pitfalls of using a strategy, or ideas that you have for using the strategy.
- If you think of mentor texts that would be particularly helpful to use or ways that you might use something from our reading series, please include those ideas because they will be beneficial to everyone.
- Please comment at least once on each chapter.
- Please plan to complete your all your comments by August 15. This will allow you to work at your own pace, and it will not be a pressing deadline if you are out of town from time to time.